Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fireworks make me happy

So there isn't really too much to say other than that. I just love fireworks-mainly the bigger beautiful displays rather than the random ones shot out of someones backyard. They seem magical, like a fairytale. They sparkle and shine-which automatically makes me fall in love.

I havn't gotten to properly see fireworks in years. It has been my goal, my hope every year, and somehow it hasn't happened, until now. It was touch and go there for awhile, but after a romantic dinner at Taco Bell, Chris drove me down to the riverfront to fullfill my dream. We were really close to the start time, so we went in the back way. It was perfect. We watched from underneath I-95 and it was magical. Sparkles, shooting stars, gleaming cascades, explosions, and color. Hopes fullfilled. Sad but true.

2 comments:

merry said...

I saw so many fireworks this year and it was magical. It is nice that something so small as fireworks can make us so happy. I saw wall-e today and can I just say that for some reason I cried nonstop. I don't know why...it was just so damn touching. Mike cried too.

Jessica said...

Okay, I really have to see wall-e. Ever since Jenna and I saw the trailer and heard that little robot say, "wall-e" in his throaty, android voice, we knew it would be a hit and said "wall-e" to each other whenever appropriate (though, there may have been some innapropriate mentionings of his name. Scandalous, I know.)

Also, my 4th of July was very un-festive this year. I had rehearsal and then a show and the only fireworks I saw was a little backyard one while driving home from the theater. Not so magical, I gotta say...