Sunday, March 2, 2008

A little something

I made something over the weekend......


I am really excited for this week because I have come up with some new color combos. In fact, I did something scandalous and made myself a bag that is perfectly divine. Its a burnt orange velvety chenille, with light green large dots on a cream background for the interior. (For those of you who chilled and maxed with me in the 90's...you know...G & O forever). I usually keep the lame prototypes, or the mess-ups for myself. I get the dredges. So I am really excited to have one that I love. No pics of it, sorry. I know, dear fans, please hold back your tears.

I am pretty excited because I also got approached by a shop far, far away (very mysterious I know) that wants to carry my bags. It motivates me to see if local places here would have an interest too.

I have to say, life has felt pretty lame recently. And by lame I mean torturous. My real job, although extremely stable and well-paying, is sucking away my life. I don't really care about people or most things. Its really difficult to explain, especially when I am not at liberty to go into detail. So suffice to say, this little side 'hobby', is possibly the best thing ever.

Plus, when Chris talks about his business (which is way more exciting and cool), I can now talk about mine. Relationships are all about competition. :)

4 comments:

Emily said...

I think you work for the CIA - but don't admit it, they might kill me.

Emily said...

oh, how I would love to sell things... but I give away everything I make! soon, maybe , I will be faster, and better at it as well. by the way, I LOVE the brown and white bag - gorgeous!

merry said...

Divine design (sorry I stole the phrase...Beebahbebah bebaaaaaaaaaaah)(that was the theme song in cause you didn't know)(feel free to laugh, cause I know you know what I am talking about)
anyway, I still have that G&O beaded necklace you gave me when I was in 10th grade. OMG that was 15 years ago.

Caroline said...

omgoodness, cool color combos/patterns make me FREAK out!!!! especially ones that look cool together but don't make sense. hence, my work. um, are we sisters?