Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I am really going to do it this time....

So I have started making my bags for real now. It is really fun to try different colors, textures and patterns. I have realized that I have always wanted to do something where I can use color all the time. And what better way then using colorful fabric to make something really cool.

So I am selling on etsy, and I really love it there. I think that it has the potential to be a really amazing place. Not that it isn't now, but for it to become a household name. Its just frustrating figuring it all out sometimes. There are so many different types of people, with different levels of skill, and obviously differing goals. Some sell their items for dirt cheap, and others sky high. I guess everyone has to make their choice. But for those of us who really want to make a go of it, its difficult to sell a beautiful handcrafted bag for $80, when someone else is selling theirs for $30. It just doesn't seem fair. It seems that this is always the great debate, both on Etsy and in the world. Everyone is trying to make it, and there is always someone else trying to get there before you. Ahhh capitalism.

1 comment:

Retro Grandma said...

I love your items. It's hard to know how to price items on etsy. You can't do a search to see higher priced or lower priced items first to compare your own pricing. There are too many pages in some categories to go through them all.
http://www.retrograndma.blogspot.com